I used hydropel for years and love it, but after using Boudreaux’s Butt Paste just a few times it’s now my go-to butt and foot protection for adventure racing.
- It’s much cheaper than hydropel (less than 1/2 the price)
- I’ve heard that the company that makes hydropel is going/gone out of business
- The ingredients do similar things (hydropel is 30% Dimethicone, Butt Paste has varying levels of Zinc Oxide)…which both protect the skin and repel water. Butt Paste also has Peruvian Balsam which acts as an antiseptic.
- It works on feet and butt…which is nice.
- It comes in a tube versus a stick (like bodyglide) so sharing is much more sanitary.
- You can buy it at every pharmacy-type store (CVS, etc.)…hydropel you have to buy online.
Butt Paste… it’s not just for baby’s asses anymore!