Here is some of my favorite gear from 2009.
- Salsa Dos Niner. Softail ride with all the benefits of 29er wheels. Excellent choice for AR.
- Old Town Penobscot 17′ in Royalex. Add a seat in the middle, tracks straight and goes fast. Legal for most races where the RD doesn’t provide a boat for you.
- WTB Silverado saddle. Tried a lot of seats, this is my absolute favorite.
- Crank Brothers Eggbeater pedals. Strong, light, best mud shedding out there and lots of float (no knee pain!).
- Stan’s Notubes. Arch rims and Notubes.com fluid.
- Numa Shades. Great optics, extremely durable and a huge AR supporter.
- Dinotte Lights. Great beam, light weight, long burn times.
- Smartwool base layers. Perfect fall, winter and spring 1st layer.
- Defeet Wolly Polly socks. I use them for everything.
- REI micro weight wind jacket. Uber light and durable.
- Bag Balm. It works, and seems to be nearly unaffected by water.
- Specialized S-Works helmet. Lightweight, phenomenal venting, exceptional fit. Stays put through tough terrain, even with a light mounted.
- Specialized Cycling Bibs. My “go to” bibs for long rides.
- Sidi Dominator 5 shoes. Most comfortable (esp. with the Specialized BG insoles) shoes I have.
- Inov-8 flyrocks. Light, low, great traction no foot bruising.
- Salomon 20l and 30l packs. Great fit and lightweight.
See you outside – next year!